DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance problem

Performance problem

Dear All,

Our users are complaing about performce problem reagrding some reports then i check Hit ratios of main buffer pool (shared pool,database buffer,library cache...etc) , but Buffer cache Hit
    ration is around 61.15% then i have just enable Automatic shared memory management by increasing SGA_TARGET size & STATISTICS_LEVEL to typical after doing this Data buffer Hit ration is 49.48% even i rebuild all indexes of the schema whose facing performance problem , so please some one suggets me to increase the peromance of the database. quick response
    will be higly appreciated. thank

product racle10g on windows server 2003

Best Regards

In terms of performance troubleshooting we have moved long ago from "hit ratios" to "wait events".

Check on AWR how ten top wait events compare - select the same timeframe before and after users started to complain like: last Friday from 8am to 10am vs. two weeks ago Friday from 8am to 10am. Use a timeframe/day-of-the-week that is relevant for your environment.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.