I’m newbie to LINUX and I took ORACLE official training classes.
I installed ORACLE Enterprise LINUX Release 4 Update 7 on my computer.
Then, I wanted to install the ORACLE database 10g. During the ORACLE database 10g installation,
I run into Product –Specific Prerequisite Check error on: gcc-3.2 not found.
• Product – Specific Prerequisites Checks
• 1 warning, 1 requirement to be verified
• Checking for gcc-3.2; found Not Found. Failed <<<<
• Check complete. The overall result this check is: Failed
• Problem: Some Package required for the Oracle Database 10g to
function properly are missing (see above)
• Recommendation: Install the required packages before continuing with
Can anyone help please?