gcc not found
I’m newbie to LINUX and I took ORACLE official training classes.
I installed ORACLE Enterprise LINUX Release 4 Update 7 on my computer.
Then, I wanted to install the ORACLE database 10g. During the ORACLE database 10g installation,
I run into Product –Specific Prerequisite Check error on: gcc-3.2 not found.
• Product – Specific Prerequisites Checks
• 1 warning, 1 requirement to be verified
• Checking for gcc-3.2; found Not Found. Failed <<<<
• Check complete. The overall result this check is: Failed
• Problem: Some Package required for the Oracle Database 10g to
function properly are missing (see above)
• Recommendation: Install the required packages before continuing with
Can anyone help please?
Just like it says, install the RPM. You can find RPMs on the installation CDs/DVDs.
apart from gcc you might need to install few other packages as well. please check in OS specific oracle installation guide in OTN.
Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width