DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Impdp - ora-39111

Impdp - ora-39111

Hi,
    First time using impdp .....

schema objects exist in target database .... want to import data from another database ..... already truncated table before starting the impdp ... set the parameter TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION = SKIP (like ignore =y in case of imp)

but I am getting ORA-39111 .... think it is not an error.... but just want to confirm if TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION = SKIP is the right approach?

ORA-39111: Dependent object type OBJECT_GRANT:"GENEVA_ADMIN" skipped, base object type

import command
    ============
    impdp test/test DIRECTORY=expdp_dir DUMPFILE=schema_exp.dmp logfile=imp.log SCHEMAS=test TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION = SKIP

Regards
    Sumit
    sumit

well... if you don't want to import the object that's the right approach but, if you want to import the object you have to drop it first.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanks .... but what happens to metadata related to package/view/procedures/triggers etc?

in my understanding if we import data at schema (owner) level, metadata gets transferred - right? If we import at table level, we import the code (metadata) separately - do u agree? I might be wrong.

when using impdp ... I noticed it skiped metadata to be imported ... is that ok?

Regards
    sumit

what happens to metadata related to package/view/procedures/triggers etc
    dependent objects metadata will be skipped if you skip the base object.

in my understanding if we import data at schema (owner) level, metadata gets transferred - right? If we import at table level, we import the code (metadata) separately - do u agree? I might be wrong.
    Yes... provided you have exported whole schema with out excluding any objects.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.