DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BadImageFormatException

BadImageFormatException

Hi All,

I've explored every avenue I know available to me to solve a problem when connecting to an Oracle instance from SSRS.

I receive the following error:-
    "Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw BadImageFormatException. This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed."

I realise that this looks like a driver issue, and as such I have made sure that both the 32 and 64 bit clients are installed on the server running SSRS, as well as the Oracle server.

To date I have been unable to find an explanation or resolution to this problem, and would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Tony

Cool

It's a WinDoze issue, remove the 32 bit client.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Hi LKBrwn_DBA,

Thanks for the info.

As I understood it, because SSIS/SSRS is a 32bit application, it required the 32bit Oracle client to be installed - From what I have read there should be no issues with the 2 clients (32 & 64) running in parallel, however, this was gleaned from the "official" documentation!

Unfortunately I am unable to uninstall the 32bit Oracle client as there are applications that currently use it on the same server... If SSIS/SSRS is set to run in 64bit mode it throws another error.

Is there any other way around this issue?

Thanks,

Tony