DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 11g console is not starting automatically and could not start even manually

Question Oracle 11g console is not starting automatically and could not start even manually

Hello everyone,
    When I am trying to enter to the enterprise manager of oracle 11g, but it is not working. In my services list the 'oracledbconsoleorcl' is assigned as automatically to start with windows. But it is not starting. When I tried to start it manually the following message is displayed repeatedly even after restarting the pc.

'Windows could not start the oracledbconsoleorcl on Local computer. For more information, view the system event log. If this is a non-Microsoft services, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 2.'
    In the event log the following error messages are displayed:
    -->The OracleDBConsoleoracle service terminated with service-specific error 2 (0x2).
    and
    The OracleCSService service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

So please help me to solve the problem.

Easier to re-create database control. Make sure you are doing this as a member of the ora_dba group, such as local admin, not your own personal account (unless you happen to be a member of Administrators). And don't use a domain admin account either.

10Q stecal for ur quick reply.

Yeah, I had done this before but the problem comes back after some repetition of restarting my pc, that might happen after one/two/three...days.

Did you use a hostname or IP address? DHCP? Did you do the loopback adapter?

Thumbs up

My tns and listener are using a hostname(my pc name), and it is working when I tried to ping 127.0.0.1 (I think when you say loopback adapter, you are saying about loopback address 127.0.0.1).

No, I am talking about this:
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E....htm#NTDBI2715

The fact you are asking about using the localhost IP address is suggestive that you didn't follow the instructions in the installation guide. Look in ORACLE_HOME. Do you see a folder named something like (not these numbers, just the fact there is an IP address in the name) 10.211.55.6_orcl? (assuming your database is named orcl).

If you see this folder, how does that IP address compare to your current address? Willing to bet they are different.

Exclamation

Ok stecal, In fact the folder is there with the name like MY-PC_orcl.