DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pref. Tool

Question

Is there any good tool for perf. tunning?
    Which can tell me the problem with sql , memory ?

Thanks.

Precise Enterprize 3.0 (don't know whats the latest release)for SQL tuning. Bunch of tools to find out whats goin on in SGA like BMC products, Embarcedro products, Enterprize Manager(I know couple of DBA`s are already laughing @ me, for one can't afford expensive products what I mentioned) etc.,

If you can't afford, Explain paln,TKPROF for SQL tuning and Custom scripts for resolving memory contention etc.

[Edited by sreddy on 01-25-2001 at 08:02 PM]

Hi:

SGA Tunning is not a problem. I can run utlbstat, utlestat and get the ratio from there.
    Also, I can find out SGA info from v$sysstat.
    But I am trying to find out from application point of view which query is taking so much
    time and does it have a right index and so on...At this point I looknig for trail or free
    software and if it is good then I can convince management to buy the sofware. At this
    point our product is in initial stage of production. Client is complaining about performance.
    In one cases we found out, we had three composite keys for an index and in the query
    we were using the third key, when we change the position, it improve the performance
    significantly.

If any body knows about any tool which can help me out, please let me know.

Thanks.

Try Precise enterprize and see. Interesting product. Personally I didn't use it but attended their seminar on the product features.

[url]http://www.precise.com/solutions/work.html[/url]

Thanks.

I will look into it.

Once again Thanks.

You might also want to check out Computer Associates Manage-IT SQL-Station - Plan Analyzer For Oracle option

It will show you whatever set of statements you want from the SGA sorted and graphed by a variety of choices. You can then pick off the ones you want and use a nice set of functionality to figure out how to optimize each statement.

- Chris