DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Downstream Capture using Archivelogs

Downstream Capture using Archivelogs

I am in need of a demo/tutorial that shows how to setup Streams for downstream capture using archivelogs (i.e. there will be no network connection between the source and destination).

I am most interested in release 11.2 examples, but anything from release 10 would also be appreciated.

Would anyone be willing to share a link?

Thank you.

How To Setup Schema Level Streams Replication with a Downstream Capture Process with Implicit Log Assignment (Doc ID 733691.1)

How are you planning on copying the archived redo logs from source to the target without a network connection?

Quote Originally Posted by stecal View Post
    How are you planning on copying the archived redo logs from source to the target without a network connection?
    This will be a sneaker-net type transfer; depending on size it will be CD or DVD.

Thank you for the MetaLink pointer. I found someone with access and got a copy it. It wasn't an exact match, but I'm going to print it off, cross off anything that doesn't seem needed for a setup that has no internet connectivity and see if it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by stecal View Post
    OK, not sure where my first response went to, but...

Thank you for your pointer to the MetaLink note.

We will be using CDs or DVDs to move the archive logs between systems.

Someone at work went onto MetaLink and sent me the text of the note you told me about. I read through it and it looks like enough information for me to piece together what I need to do (like leaving out the dblink step, etc).