DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OPatch upgrade

OPatch upgrade

I am installing 11.2.0.2 database. I have to upgrade my OPatch to apply the latest patch. When I download the p688088_112000.zip. I unzipped it under the $ORACLE_HOME. When I check to see if my OPatch version has been upgraded, it hasn't. I tried several times but can't figure out why it is not upgrading. Anybody have any idea what is wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ebethea View Post
    I am installing 11.2.0.2 database. I have to upgrade my OPatch to apply the latest patch. When I download the p688088_112000.zip. I unzipped it under the $ORACLE_HOME. When I check to see if my OPatch version has been upgraded, it hasn't. I tried several times but can't figure out why it is not upgrading. Anybody have any idea what is wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    688088 or is it 6880880?
    Are you sure you are in Opatch directory when you run opatch version?
    Please post full session log showing local directory, oracle_home and opatch version.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Actually I was in my ORACLE_HOME when I unzipped the patch to upgrade. I finally got it to work. After I deleted my OPatch directory about 5 times and unzipped the patch about 10 times it finally took. Thank you for the help.