DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle Golden Gate Scripting Issue

Oracle Golden Gate Scripting Issue

Hello,

First post, I'll try to keep it short. I did search the web and forums first and could not find any help on what I'm looking for. Hopefully you all may have an answer.

I am trying to create a TACL Macro on a Tandem system to basically run ggsci, output whats executed in the program to a file, and pass it the commands to run. Where I am having a problem is getting ggsci to accept anything after the intial run.

Example: (Note, all that tescmd contains is the "info all" command for ggsci
    $sys.cmd 1>ggsci/out test /obey testcmd

In the above example, ggsci never accepts the /out or the /obey. I can't even do the the /out from within ggsci, but if do the obey, it will work. The main reason I want to do this is to automate the process a little more since I am checking multiple systems quite frequently.

Hopefully that is enough to get started, please let me know if I left something out or there are any questions.

Regards
    CMD

I guess I would start by using valid GGSCI command syntax in the first place. The OBEY command/usage, for example, is:
    GGSCI> obey < file with whatever in it >

What are the valid arguments for GGSCI?

[oracle@oel32 ggs]$ ggsci obey_this.txt
    Usage: ggsci PARAMFILE [REPORTFILE ] [CD ]
    [LOG] [NOLOG] [PORT ]

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/foru...ID=860&start=0

stecal,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear when I mentioned it previously, but while in ggsci, I was using the correct syntax. You are also supposed to be able to pass ggsci an obey command pointing to a file though using /obey filename following ggsci, which does not work for me.

This is the problem, the only thing the system recognizes is ggsci, after that, it stops reading the command. Example: I could type in any of the following and it takes me into a ggsci prompt without doing anything further:

$sys.cmd 1>ggsci hello world
    $sys.cmd 1>ggsci/thisdoesntchangeathing
    $sys.cmd 1>ggsci /in alphafile.txt
    $sys.cmd 1>ggsci /out betafile.txt

Thanks

Not on Linux.

[oracle@oel32 ggs]$ ggsci hello world
    Usage: ggsci PARAMFILE [REPORTFILE ] [CD ]
    [LOG] [NOLOG] [PORT ]

Source Context :
    SourceModule : [ggsci.main]
    SourceID : [/home/ecloud/workspace/Build_FBO_OpenSys_r11.1.1.0.0_078_[34087]/perforce/src/app/ggsci/xface.c]
    SourceFunction : [usage]
    (more error output)

I am running this from a tacl prompt on a HP Tandem system. Sorry, I thought I stated that in the initial post.

No, I got that, I was just looking around in Linux and Windows and haven't seen anything about what you are trying to do with those command line arguments.

Yeah I had seen people successfully do it in linux and windows, but I haven't found anything for Tandem unfortunately. Thanks.