DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Commit Problem

Commit Problem

Hi for everyone,
    we have oracle ERP in our company it's based on Oracle 8i database installed on windows 2003 server enterprise edition and designed by developer 6i ,sometimes the users complain because when they come to saving the data it's hanging ,and what I do I kill some session after that the user can save there data but this problem is occur again and again on the last days and there is enough space on the hard disk and the table space ,please what it should be the reason and what is the best solution for this problem.
    thanks and good wishes for all

when it hanged next time, trace the session and find what it is doing.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

thank you Vijay Tummala for your fast reply,the problem is not with one user but with more than one user and they using different models one in sales the other in production but with in the same ERP and they hanging all in the same time.
    and thanks again

well see what their sessions are waiting on, by tracing the session and find the cause of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by ronald75 View Post
    we have oracle ERP in our company it's based on Oracle 8i database installed on windows 2003 server enterprise edition and designed by developer 6i ,sometimes the users complain because when they come to saving the data it's hanging ,and what I do I kill some session after that the user can save there data but this problem is occur again and again on the last days and there is enough space on the hard disk and the table space ,please what it should be the reason and what is the best solution for this problem.
    Have you bother in checking for blocking locks at the time of the event?
    How do you identify which sessions to kill?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.