DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-01536 on 'SYSTEM' during import as sysdba

Hybrid View

ORA-01536 on 'SYSTEM' during import as sysdba

All,

I am running a full import using impdp. During the import, I run into "ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'SYSTEM'":

Processing object type DATABASE_EXPORT/SYSTEM_PROCOBJACT/POST_SYSTEM_ACTIONS/PROCACT_SYSTEM
    Processing object type DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/PROCACT_SCHEMA
    Processing object type DATABASE_EXPORT/SCHEMA/TABLE/TABLE
    ORA-39171: Job is experiencing a resumable wait.
    ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace 'SYSTEM'

I am using "sys as sysdba" user to do this import. Sysdba is being granted with unlimited tablespace system privilege by default. I went ahead granted sys user unlimited tablespace and quota unlimited on system tablespace anyway, but still getting the errors above.

The quetion is why I am getting this error for sys user? Anyone has any insight on this, please help?

Thanks,
    Unna

Cool

Maybe you need to add more space to the SYSTEM tablespace?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

I added 1GB extra space to the 800MB SYSTEM tablespace, still running into the quota error. Any idea?

First of all, why are you using SYS to do an import? That is a clear sign you have failed to read the documentation. It's right at the top of Data Pump Import in the Utilities guide:

Note:
    Do not invoke Import as SYSDBA, except at the request of Oracle technical support. SYSDBA is used internally and has specialized functions; its behavior is not the same as for general users.
    Second, how did you create the SYSTEM tablespace? Whatever is imported from a source system to a target system, with respect to SYS and SYSTEM objects, and with SYSTEM allowed to autoextend - you should never see this problem in the first place.
    Last edited by stecal; 03-10-2011 at 09:58 PM.