DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need of Jan'11 patch to be applied

Need of Jan'11 patch to be applied

Hi,

I have my database 11.2.0.1.0.
    I need to know how important is the Jan'11 CPU patch to be applied? Is it required?

And is there any dependency on the prior CPU patches applied or not applied on the database?

Please help.

Thanks in Advance
    Regards,
    Aakriti

Quote Originally Posted by getnami View Post
    I have my database 11.2.0.1.0.
    I need to know how important is the Jan'11 CPU patch to be applied? Is it required?

And is there any dependency on the prior CPU patches applied or not applied on the database?
    Do you store credit card numbers or other personal confidential information? If yes... to be compliant with current regulations you must either apply PCU or PSU.

I'll suggest to read about PSU - they include last PCU and are currently Oracle's preferred patching strategy.

Last but not least, read README document - everything you want to know about dependencies, etc is there.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

There maybe dependancies. I would suggest you run in pre-check mode
    first to find this out.

# where 10248531 is the PSU patch

opatch prereq CheckConflictAgainstOHWithDetail -phBaseDir ./10248531