Oracle goldengate manager
Hi, I'm having problems starting the oracle goldengate manager on Oracle 9(126.96.36.199) with Solaris 5.9 (62-bit) Sun-Fire-V240. I believe I've done the steps required.
I've done this:
1) Create dir goldengate and extracted the files
2) Created the gg_user and tablespace, and granted the user accordingly to the specs.
3) edited the mgr param-file with this and saved:
userid ggs_owner, password ggs_owner
purgeoldextracts /opt/goldengate/dirdat/ex, usecheckpoints
4) written "start mgr"
5) checked mgr status with "info all" and verified that "Manager stopped".
GGSCI 2> status manager
Manager is DOWN!
6) checked error log for "view ggsevt"
The problem is that the "view ggsevt" command doesn't show anything unusual, it just states:
"2011-02-07 13:01:14 INFO OGG-00987 Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle: GGSCI command (oracle): edit params mgr.
2011-02-07 13:02:45 INFO OGG-00987 Oracle GoldenGate Command Interpreter for Oracle: GGSCI command (oracle): start mgr."
Anyone have any clue why it won't start?
Try wildcarding the extract. You're not deleting a file named ex, but files like ex*
Problem is username and password are not correct.
1)can you cpoy the ggserr error log. It's in the goldengate installation directory?
2) remove the purgeoldextract option and then check whether mgr can start without that option.
Tags for this Thread
Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width