DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracle Enterprise Manager Login

Oracle Enterprise Manager Login

After a successful instalation of 11g I loged to the supplied localhost for Oracle Enterprise Manager.
    To my surprise I was immediately prompted for a username and password, which I supplied as I had been prompted inthe begining of the instalation for an email and a password (I beleive this is the Oracle Support Account, which I do no have).
    I cannot login, I do not have a clue of what my username is let alone the password.
    Any idea on how to solve this?
    Did I miss some step during installation process?
    Thanks in advance
    Best
    Mario van Grichen

"I do not have a clue of what my username is...." No one here is going to have a clue about that either. Do you remember the password(s) you used for sys and system during the installation process? If you do, you can logon using one of those two accounts.

Oracle Enterprise Manager Login

That's the whole point. I was never prompted to define my username or password to access Oracle Enterprise Manager.
    There were only two steps where I was prompted for an Email and password (if it ticked "I wish to receive security updates via my Oralce Support"
    That was the "Configure Security Updates" Step.
    Then on "Typical Install Configuration" Step, I was prompted for global database name and a administrative password.
    Neither of them do let me in.

Okay, along the way during the installation of 11g, you were prompted for a username for sys and system. If you don't remember what you did for that step (use one password for all, or went to password management and used separate/different passwords, you can change the password(s) at the command line.

sqlplus /nolog
    conn / as sysdba
    alter user identified by ;
    repeat for the other account

After that, you will be able to logon to Database Control (the version of OEM you are using since it is single database).

I will install again and keep attention to all that happens.
    I was not prompted for a username for sys and system.
    I' be back with more info.
    Thanks for your patience -

You didn't/don't have to reinstall. Do you know how to change a password via SQL*Plus?

Wel I already did it.
    I tried with username SYSTEM and SYS and I could login.
    I thought there would be a personalized username, thus my confusion.
    I don't know how to change the password via SQL Plus.
    I am a newbie. I used to be a Data Administrator but a DBA is a lot different.
    Do you know of a good tutorial for Oracle 11g?
    Thank you.
    Mário van Grichen

Quote Originally Posted by grichen View Post
    Do you know of a good tutorial for Oracle 11g?
    Tutorial on what subject?
    Try here: http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/portal.all_books
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Sorry I was to generic.
    On Enterprise Manager and also Oracle tools (if any) that allows me to create Entity-Relathionship Models.

Quote Originally Posted by grichen View Post
    Sorry I was to generic.
    On Enterprise Manager and also Oracle tools (if any) that allows me to create Entity-Relathionship Models.
    Check my previous post for Oracle related documentation.

In regards to ER modeling tools you have to go with third parties; I've always relied on MyBrain 1.0 for ER modeling; for ER modeling documentation my preference is ERWin currently from CA - I think.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.