DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oracle 8.0.5

oracle 8.0.5

hi
    we have a primary database and standby database if i am adding a datafile in the primary database what are the steps i should do version is oracle 8.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by saranbady View Post
    we have a primary database and standby database if i am adding a datafile in the primary database what are the steps i should do version is oracle 8.0.5
    In Oracle 8 you would do exaclty the same you would do in Oracle 7, Ora8i, Ora9i, Ora10g and Ora11g.

Are these cooked file systems or raw devices?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

If it was me I would upgrade from 8.0.5. 8.0.5 in addition to being unsupported is also a strange mixture of 7.3.4 and 8i features. Unless of course you don't want to pay for support. which is a whole other situation.

If nothing else you can recreate your standby. Before you recreate the standby you can activate the standby and verify that you have a valid stand by.