DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Toad for Oracle 9.0 - suddenly able to copy only single cell from data grid

Hybrid View

Toad for Oracle 9.0 - suddenly able to copy only single cell from data grid

While performing single select SQL statements (i.e., no usage of scripts) which return between two and five alphanumeric columns.

With cursor in the Data Grid I have been performing the following sequence of steps
    "select all text" icon
    "copy to clipboard"

and directly pasting the results to an Excel worksheet.

I have done this with several query results where the output in the Excel worksheet includes the column headers, a single blank line and a complete listing of all rows and multiple columns.

I must have accidently changed a setting because now I am unable to select more than one single cell on the data grid.

The one other thing that I've noticed is that when I do the "select all text" icon, is that the box in the bottom middle of my editor's taskbar turns red (from the left the taskbar gives: "row x of x" / my connection string / the associated rectangle / constant text string of "Modified")

I've tried numerous searches of the web, Toad World, etc. and can't find anything that has worked. I did not intend to change any settings so am at a real loss of what to try next.

I have:
    - assured that the data grid options (visual) are set for
    "row select" checked
    "mullti select" checked

- restarted my computer following the apply of these settings

- I tried pasting to both a MS notepad and to the Toad editor screens.

In no case are the column headings returned via this copy/paste. And only a single column is returned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Go ask the question at Toad support forums maybe?