DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Number of attempts allowed per paper clarification

Hi Guys,

Could you please clarify me as to how many attempts per paper(OCP DBA) is possible. I understand that we can write a paper and in case a person is not through in that paper he has to wait for a one month to take another attempt and even by chance he looses 2nd attempt, I understand that he cannot take the exam for next one year. Please let me know how far it is true.

Also if some one has brain dumps and question bank on SQL and PLSQL paper, please try to mail me at my mail id : oracledba@atozasia.com

Thanks in Advance

regards

Retaking a test

Hi,

>Even by chance he looses 2nd attempt, I understand that he cannot take the exam for
    >next one year?

In the OCP Guide it says you may take a particular test up to three times in a twelve-month period.

HTH

tycho

I have a;ways understood it that you had to wait 30 days to re-write an exam no matter how many failures yuo had, but I have no hard evidence.
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic

Thumbs up

Hi Brent,

> I have a;ways understood it that you had to wait 30 days to re-write an exam no matter how many
    > failures you had, but I have no hard evidence.

You are correct this is also stated in the OCP Guide. (If you wish to retake a test, you must wait at least 30 days.)

This adds up to:
    Taking 1st test 26 jan 2001 (today)
    Taking 2nd test 26 feb 2001
    Taking 3th test 29 mar 2001
    Taking 4th test 27 jan 2002

HTH

tycho