DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: generating a tdpo Password file

generating a tdpo Password file

I set up rman to backup to backupsets then have TSM backup the files. We just purchased the TDPO license so now I want to configure RMAN to back right up to tape. I have gone through the configuration and now to the part of generating the tdpo password file. I am running the tdpoconf password command (as root) and am getting the following error:
    ANS1035S (RC406) Options file '*' could not be found.

The version of oracle is 10g and the server is running AIX 5.3. I checked the permissions of the files in the /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/ directory and the oracle account has read and execute. plus the account has write access to the dir. In the tdpo.opt file i have set
    DSMI_ORC_CONFIG /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/dsm.opt
    DSMI_LOG /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64

I am not sure what I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Make sure that you have the tdpo.opt file present under /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64. TDP for Oracle install puts a sample under this directory. So, make a copy and edit it to match your requirements. On the other hand if you had located the tdpo.opt file at a different location, then running the tdpoconf will give you the syntax to specify the tdpo.opt file. Using that syntax provide the file

tdpoconf PASSWord -TDPO_OPTfile=filename

One other thing that you want to remember was that if your systems had configured the OS backup under different node, changing the dsm.sys would mess their backups. At least on Solaris, this is a symlink to /usr/... We normally break or let the systems group aware that when they install the new tdpo or ba client, they would want to preserve this file under api directory and put them back the correct one.

Hope this will help you and have fun,.

Thanx
    Sam
    Thanx
    Sam

Life is a journey, not a destination!