Oracle DBA certifications
DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Oracle DBA certifications

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    40

    Oracle DBA certifications

    Hello all,

    I'm thinking about preparing the Oracle DBA certification. I guess I should start with Administration I, right?

    How should I start? Is it feasible to prepare it by yourself? If so, what documentation do you recommend to start with? Has someone of you done it? Can you choose the certification you want to pass, Oracle10g, Oracle11g... ?

    I will start installing Oracle11g in Ubuntu where I have an application web working with MySql. Do you have any guide to install Oracle in Ubuntu?

    Any advice is welcome.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,331

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    40
    Already did that, just wanted to know if someone has followed some good guide for that.

    Any other advice for the other questions?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    3,554
    Quote Originally Posted by lulon View Post
    I'm thinking about preparing the Oracle DBA certification. I guess I should start with Administration I, right?
    Yes... OCA is the entry-level certification... http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_..._org_id=&lang=

    Quote Originally Posted by lulon View Post
    How should I start? Is it feasible to prepare it by yourself? If so, what documentation do you recommend to start with? Has someone of you done it? Can you choose the certification you want to pass, Oracle10g, Oracle11g... ?!
    You already did it.
    Yes.
    Nothing beats experience, full of books/material about the matter.
    Yes.
    Yes but, why would you go for 10g when 11g is already out there?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

    Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

    Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    15
    Your killing me Dave, just killing me.

    Jim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    40
    Thanks PAVB

    Dave, you shouldn't answer with those things if you want this forum to be good

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,331
    Quote Originally Posted by lulon View Post
    Thanks PAVB

    Dave, you shouldn't answer with those things if you want this forum to be good
    you shouldn't post at all then

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width