DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle DBA certifications

Oracle DBA certifications

Hello all,

I'm thinking about preparing the Oracle DBA certification. I guess I should start with Administration I, right?

How should I start? Is it feasible to prepare it by yourself? If so, what documentation do you recommend to start with? Has someone of you done it? Can you choose the certification you want to pass, Oracle10g, Oracle11g... ?

I will start installing Oracle11g in Ubuntu where I have an application web working with MySql. Do you have any guide to install Oracle in Ubuntu?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Already did that, just wanted to know if someone has followed some good guide for that.

Any other advice for the other questions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lulon View Post
    I'm thinking about preparing the Oracle DBA certification. I guess I should start with Administration I, right?
    Yes... OCA is the entry-level certification... http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_..._org_id=&lang=

How should I start? Is it feasible to prepare it by yourself? If so, what documentation do you recommend to start with? Has someone of you done it? Can you choose the certification you want to pass, Oracle10g, Oracle11g... ?!
    You already did it.
    Yes.
    Nothing beats experience, full of books/material about the matter.
    Yes.
    Yes but, why would you go for 10g when 11g is already out there?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Your killing me Dave, just killing me.

Jim

Thanks PAVB

Dave, you shouldn't answer with those things if you want this forum to be good

Thanks PAVB

Dave, you shouldn't answer with those things if you want this forum to be good
    you shouldn't post at all then