DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to find what changes is done in Procedure through TOAD

How to find what changes is done in Procedure through TOAD

Hi All,

Can some one please let me know how to find what are the changes is done in Procedure, packages, functions etc. in databsae through TOAD.

I mean, consider there are more than 100 packages, procedures and functions are present in system@oracle10g database. And today someone has changed/ add something in procedure/functions/packages, so how to finout what are added and in which procedure/functions/packages.

Thanks in advance
    Dost

Solution is Source Control and Change Management Control - that's the way to do it.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Hi PAVB,
    Can you please elaborate more.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forroughuse3 View Post
    Hi PAVB,
    Can you please elaborate more.

thanks
    on what, you need a source control solution

Cool Lookit-up...

Hi All,

Can some one please let me know how to find what are the changes is done in Procedure, packages, functions etc. in databsae through TOAD.

I mean, consider there are more than 100 packages, procedures and functions are present in system@oracle10g database. And today someone has changed/ add something in procedure/functions/packages, so how to finout what are added and in which procedure/functions/packages.

Thanks in advance
    Dost
    To find out what changed in the past two days try:
    Code:
    SELECT owner,
           object_name,
           created,
           last_ddl_time
      FROM all_objects
     WHERE owner = 'YOUR_SCHEMA'
       AND last_ddl_time > Trunc(SYSDATE) - 2; 
       AND (object_type LIKE 'PRO%';
        OR  object_type LIKE 'PACK%')
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Hi LKBrwn,

Thanks for the reply,

But I need the line of code which is changed. Is it possible?

Actually, once the package is complied , it will show you the latest changes. I mean you cannot see the previous code. So, the person now cannot find what was changed.
    Which I required.

Thanks,

... you cannot see the previous code. So, the person now cannot find what was changed. Which I required.
    That's why we are saying you need a Source Control solution.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.