DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Data pump import REMAP_SCHEMA option

Data pump import REMAP_SCHEMA option

I have a database 10g. it has theses 2 schemas in it each running its own instance of an application. so the application is called axium. the schema axium is running one instance of the application axium, then there is anouther schema called axiumfp that is running the same application. one group of people log into the application attached to the axium schema and another group of people log into the application attached to the axiumfp. I needed to create a third schema with the same table structure, so I exported the axiumfp then did an import using the REMAP_SCHEMA option to a new schema axiumr. everything was fine until my boss asked me to change the password to the same as one of the other schemas. once I did that you could not attach anything stored in the database as a blob.

I assume when you say "export" and "import" you are meaning "expdp" and "impdp".

Eitherway, was the BLOB issue caused by changing the password of the AXIUMR Oracle account? really?

What happens if you change the password back?

What's the actual error stack you are getting?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Sorry for not being more clear, Yes I mean expdp and impdp, I should have been more specific.
    I thought the issue was caused by changing the passowrd, even though it really didn't make sense to me. However at the time I knew of the problem, I forgot that I changed the pwd, and all I remembered was the new schema, so I dropped it and the problem went away. However I did the impdp lastnight and the users came in this morning at 8 am and were working fine until 8:45 and that is when I changed the pwd, and as soon as I dropped the schema the problem went away. I am now in the process of on another server trying to replicate the issue, by following the same steps as lastnight.

as far as the errors. I looked at the alert log and saw these errors while the problem was happening:
    Wed Sep 29 08:49:50 2010
    ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment AXIUM.SYS_LOB0000076242C00010$$ by 128 in
    tablespace TBLSPC_PMEDIUM
    ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment AXIUM.SYS_LOB0000076242C00010$$ by 8192 in
    tablespace TBLSPC_PMEDIUM

the errrors stop showing up in the alert log after I dropped the user.
    the tablespace TBLSPC_PMEDIUM is set to auto extend and the filesystem that the datafile is on has 121 gigs of free space.

the tablespace TBLSPC_PMEDIUM is set to auto extend and the filesystem that the datafile is on has 121 gigs of free space.
    what is the current size of each data file in that TS? Thou you have ample space in the file system each oracle data file has size limitation even in auto extend mode.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

there are 2 datafiles for the TS. both are physically 32 gigs and the second one oem is showing that it is almost full. Looks like it is time for a third datafile.