I have a database 10g. it has theses 2 schemas in it each running its own instance of an application. so the application is called axium. the schema axium is running one instance of the application axium, then there is anouther schema called axiumfp that is running the same application. one group of people log into the application attached to the axium schema and another group of people log into the application attached to the axiumfp. I needed to create a third schema with the same table structure, so I exported the axiumfp then did an import using the REMAP_SCHEMA option to a new schema axiumr. everything was fine until my boss asked me to change the password to the same as one of the other schemas. once I did that you could not attach anything stored in the database as a blob.
Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Sorry for not being more clear, Yes I mean expdp and impdp, I should have been more specific.
I thought the issue was caused by changing the passowrd, even though it really didn't make sense to me. However at the time I knew of the problem, I forgot that I changed the pwd, and all I remembered was the new schema, so I dropped it and the problem went away. However I did the impdp lastnight and the users came in this morning at 8 am and were working fine until 8:45 and that is when I changed the pwd, and as soon as I dropped the schema the problem went away. I am now in the process of on another server trying to replicate the issue, by following the same steps as lastnight.
as far as the errors. I looked at the alert log and saw these errors while the problem was happening:
Wed Sep 29 08:49:50 2010
ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment AXIUM.SYS_LOB0000076242C00010$$ by 128 in
ORA-1691: unable to extend lobsegment AXIUM.SYS_LOB0000076242C00010$$ by 8192 in
the errrors stop showing up in the alert log after I dropped the user.
the tablespace TBLSPC_PMEDIUM is set to auto extend and the filesystem that the datafile is on has 121 gigs of free space.