DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DB Maintenance Scripts

DB Maintenance Scripts

hi, recenlty in an DBA interview I was asked about which Database maintenance scripts I have written.

Can I have an idea about these scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post
    hi, recenlty in an DBA interview I was asked about which Database maintenance scripts I have written.
    Have you written any? Like... splitting partitions, gathering stats, rebuilding indexes, reorganizing tables, monitoring free space, etc.?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by iris View Post

Can I have an idea about these scripts?
    how does anyone know what you have written?

I guess the answer is "none"

Oracle has many different features, your best bet is to google what you want to automated and its probably out there some where.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStu View Post
    Oracle has many different features, your best bet is to google what you want to automated and its probably out there some where.

Good Luck

googling isn't going to tell him what he has written either