DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: how to capture performence benifits after rebuilding of indexes??

how to capture performence benifits after rebuilding of indexes??

In our EBS,
    we have planned to rebuild the indexes.
    We got a script from metalink, which identfies the indexes which needed to be rebuild.
    My query is how to capture performence benifits after rebuilding of indexes??

Plz help me guyz....

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response!!!!

EBS 11.5.10.2 and DB 10.2.0.4

We dont have any performence issues as such but In our EBS database we did not rebuild the indexes for a very long period(almost 2 years).

We could see the some of the indexes need to be rebuilded as they are fragmented and we want to rebuild them.

we are planning to make Rebuilding of indexes as a monthly maintenance activity.

I actually need to show some performance stats for the management after rebuilding of indexes and plz let me know how could I do that??

Cool Addm / awr

Activated Workload Repository jobs NOW, before rebuild.
    Afterwards just generate AWR/ADDM reports.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by karthikg View Post
    In our EBS,
    we have planned to rebuild the indexes.
    We got a script from metalink, which identfies the indexes which needed to be rebuild.
    My query is how to capture performence benifits after rebuilding of indexes??

Plz help me guyz....
    Can you post that script

there is no such script which determines when indexes need to be rebuilt - becuase indexes dont need to be rebuilt

Quote Originally Posted by davey23uk View Post
    there is no such script which determines when indexes need to be rebuilt - becuase indexes dont need to be rebuilt
    So you saying indexed don't get fragmented over time and don't need to be rebuilt or coalesced? I posted a similar question here about how to know when to coalesce a table and never got a response....

no need to do coalesce as long as you are using segment space management auto. Index rebuilding is required in cases where you want to move the index into different TS or modifying any storage parameters etc.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.