DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Expiry_date column verification

Expiry_date column verification

Hi,

When I query the view dba_users, the expiry_date column shows empty for few users.
    Also, for few users the account_status shows "open" but the expiry_date is of 2008/2009.

Could someone please explain the reasons for the above two observations?

Thanks in advance,

if i recall correct, expiry_date will be empty for the users with default profile.

Application users will use different profile where in we DBAs restrict the resource utilization as well as expire password to force the end user to change the password (password_life_time).

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

Answering the second part of the question...

expiry_date is a very peculiar attribute, it will be updated only when affected user attempts to login. In provided example you can tell that those users with expiry_date back on 2008/2009 have not attempted to login into the system since - at least - 2008/2009.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Smile

Thankyou so much.