DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: E-Business Suite tech question

Hybrid View

E-Business Suite tech question

I was asked to develop a strategy for our EBS 12.6 backups. Our management would like to have hot backups for the database (easy enough) and our app server and web server (huh?). These are all on HP-UX itanium. My understanding is that these three need to be synchronized or the reports get out of order and nothing but trouble results. I know next to nothing about EBS, and I can't find any documentation about this. Anyone out there supporting this? May I ask what your backup startegy is? Do you know of any online documentation that would help me?

Jim

The web tier is more of a static backup (pointless to do it on a daily basis). There is ref material in the admin guide for application server related to doing a backup.

From a lot of research, what I got was:

Always use hot backups on the database. Backup the servers, even while they are still running is fine. Be sure to backup the concurrent manager and it's logs, out dir, etc..

When recovering, first restore the app servers, find out what time the concurrent mager backup was completed, then restore the database to that time. Took a lot of hunting to get that simple of an answer.

Jim