DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ORA-04098: trigger 'APPS.LOGON_TRIG' is invalid and failed re-validation

Question ORA-04098: trigger 'APPS.LOGON_TRIG' is invalid and failed re-validation

Hello Dear All,

i am getting this following error in my alert log file of 11i applications database.
    "ORA-04098: trigger 'APPS.LOGON_TRIG' is invalid and failed re-validation"

According to the Metalink (ORA-04098 Trigger '%s' Is Invalid and Failed Re-validation [ID 1035837.6])..

I recompiled

SQL> alter trigger logon_trig compile;
    Warning: Trigger altered with compilation errors.

It compiled with Error

SQL> show errors trigger logon_trig;
    Errors for TRIGGER LOGON_TRIG:

LINE/COL ERROR
    -------- -----------------------------------------------------------------
    2/1 PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
    2/13 PL/SQL: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Here is my dought..

From the above result there is a table is missed from the compiled trigger was dropped. is it so,, then i have to run CATALOG and CATPROG to recreate all the default trigger and view.

Ok fine,, i suppose to run those scripts, but my drought is.. my Application have lot of customization updates day by day, and some users creates Triggers and all,,

If i run Catprog it will recreate the default "TRIGGERS". then what will happen to the user created TRIGGERS.. it will be there or not !
    Kindly help me

Would you mind in identifying the missing table or view?
    Is it a sys/system table or view or is it an user table or view?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Smile Table missing .. its belongs to APPS schema

its a Missing Table,, which is taking some value from "LOGON_TRIG" Trigger...

here am going to Post the Trigger:

DROP TRIGGER APPS.LOGON_TRIG;
    CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER APPS.logon_trig
    AFTER LOGON ON SCHEMA
    BEGIN
    INSERT INTO log_trig_table(user_id, log_date, action)
    VALUES (USER, SYSDATE, 'Logging on');
    END;
    /

This Trigger Belongs to APPS schema.
    I highlighted the Trigger affecting table,, that table is missing i hope,,

now if am running catprog.sql it may create those table, but if i ran that,, it will affect other triggers which created by my developers..(COUSTOM TRIGGERS)..

Talking i found the solution

i found the solution

Quote Originally Posted by 4iappsDBA View Post
    i found the solution
    Wouldn't be nice to share with the community?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Talking Disable

alter trigger APPS.LOGON_TRIG disable;

Once u disable it wont notify it in Alertlog file, at the same time if u down the server and restart ,, again the same error will raise..

till now i dint found any permanent solution for this ...

alter trigger APPS.LOGON_TRIG disable;

Once u disable it wont notify it in Alertlog file, at the same time if u down the server and restart ,, again the same error will raise..

till now i dint found any permanent solution for this ...
    Are you aware that disabling the trigger causes trigger not to fire anymore?

I wouldn't say that's a solution.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Wink

Yes its not permanent solution..

kindly refer metalink ID: 38659.1

as per this metalink i disabled.. its not raising any error.

if there any u found kindly let me know,.,

if there any u found kindly let me know,.,
    Yes. You have to figure it out why referenced table is not there then solve the issue
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov