DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: package oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist

package oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist

Dear All,
    I need your help in the following: I am using netbeans 6.9 and jdk-6u7-6_9 and oracle 9i installed on c:\ORACLE.
    in my java code I always have the same error:
    package oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist

changed classpath and path but still have the same problem.
    please help

Here are the path and classpath:
    D:\>echo %PATH%
    C:\ORACLE\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;c:\ORA9I\bin;C:\Program Files\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Bin;C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi7\Projects\Bpl\;C:\ORATABS\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System3 2\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\ORATABS\jdk\bin;C:\Program Files\Windows
    Imaging\;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\ORACLE\bin;C:\Program Files
    \Java\jre6\bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Comm
    on\MSDev98\Bin;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin

D:\>echo %classpath%
    .;c:\ORACLE\jlib\bigraphbean.jar;c:\ORACLE\jlib\LW_PfjBean.jar;c:\ORACLE\jlib\bigraphbean-nls.zip;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\lib\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\bin\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_20\jre\;C:\ORACLE\jdbc\lib\ojdbc1
    4.jar;C:\ORACLE\jdbc\lib\classes12.jar

Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

I ever read this thread and no followed recommendations but it doesn't work