DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Euro Currency Symbol Problem with WE8ISO8859P15 character set....

Arrow

Hello

By default we used "WE8ISO8859P1" character set for our databases. Since this characterset doesnot support to "Euro" currency symbol. We created new database withcharacter set "WE8ISO8859P15". But still when we enter record using ALT + 0128 and ALT + 164 we see "?" . Since SQL*PLUS and SVRMGRL doesn't support this character we used TOAD 6.3.1.17 to insert record in the table. Before inserting record when we write command, we can see'Euro' sign but after inserting record, If I give Select statement to check inserted record I can see "?" . Please help us to solve thisproblem as early as possible. Please also tell us how to configure SQL*plusWorksheet to see this sign.

Thanks & Regards
    Shailesh

Hi there.

After our painful experiences with the storage of special characters in the db, this weekend I am altering my database. I am changing it to the we8mswin1252 which supports the euro currency.

An important thing is to first check on the database if the record was stored with the special characters. Use the convert to check this, sometimes it might be stored and not be displayed right (use directly on db not thru client).

The next thing the setting on your client is important, via which you run the load etc. Check on your client settings in the registry:::>>> the local machine, nls parameters.

What version of Oracle do you use.?

Good luck,
    nirasha