DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sequence of startup and shutdown in DG broker

sequence of startup and shutdown in DG broker

I have to shutdown the primary and standby database(physical) in a datagurad broker configuration,both are RAC.How is it done?Like without DG broker we shutdown the primary and then shutdown the standby.how does it works in DG broker.Do we have to disable the broker first and then manually stop the database or?Can someone please let me know the exact steps for shutting down the RAC database and RAC physical standby in DG broker configuration and for the startups.

Thanks

Have you configured automatic failover of database in DG broker?. If not then it does not matter which way you shut it down. If automatic failover is configured, you can shutdown standby before shutting down primary.

Have you configured automatic failover of database in DG broker?. If not then it does not matter which way you shut it down
    No.

do i have to use DG broker for shutting down the primary and standby or srvctl should be fine.If DG broker CLI,then i need to do the following .

example:
    consider my RAC primary is "orcl_prim" nad RAC standby is "orcl_stdby" then
    connecting to primary and running the below commands.

for shutdown
    DGMGRL>EDIT DATABASE ORCL_STDBY SET STATE=OFFLINE;

does above command takes dg out of recovery mode and shutsdown the RAC standby database?

similary with the primary:
    DGMGRL>EDIT DATABASE ORCL_PRIM SET STATE=OFFLINE;

and for the startup

startup RAC primary database with srvctl or the below command does startup the rac db?

DGMRL>EDIT DATABASE ORCL_PRIM SET STATE=online;

does the below command startup(mount) the phy standby in DG broker configuration and puts in recovery mode?

DGMGRL>EDIT DATABASE ORCL_STDBY SET STATE=online;

Are the above steps right?Its confusing can anyone please let me know the exact steps for shutting down the primary and standby with dg broker.