DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracle jobs not picking the job up....9i

Oracle jobs not picking the job up....9i

Hi

I have a number of Oracle jobs in a 9i db set up which can be seen to be running every second (1/86400) in 'Toad'. The CJQ0 process is also running as well as a number of jnnn processes on HPUX.

The jobs are supposed to pick a package up and run it but I can confirm they are doing that because I can't see any output from that package. If I run the package manually, it runs fine.

dba_queue_processes is set to 100.

Please could someone advise on what to check next? I was looking for a way to track the activity when an oracle job runs.

Regards
    Shajju

check dba_jobs and the alert log

Thanks.

dba_jobs shows the jobs that are configured. And the alert log doesn't contain any info about the jobs.

look at the last run and next run dates

The Last and Next run dates are being updated regularly. Would you agree that the jobs are really running? Is there any way to see what an oracle job does i.e., pick the package it is supposed to run?

look into the "what" column in dba_jobs and check what the underlying procedure / package is doing.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

...and, if you still don't trust what you see make underlying package/procedure to write a detailed log.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

That's what I can't understand. Why the job cannot call the package, it is supposed to call!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry

That's what I can't understand. Why the job cannot call the package, it is supposed to call!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please please guide me how to get the job to log what is happening when it runs.!!!!!

how do you know that the job is not calling the package?? Is that package generating any log? if not please read the post from PAVB and make the package to write a detailed log.

by the way what is the value of job_queue_processes parameter?

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.