DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Database Control Download

Database Control Download

Could someone assist as where I can get the latest version of Database Control (not GRID), I only need to manage one instance Oracle database.. I've looked in eDelivery.oracle.com and other places, I can only see OEM GRID..

I found Database Control Document which you can see at:
    http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B..._manage001.htm but I can't find where I can download the software from..

Thank you.

-AJ

Cool If it were a snake it would have bitten you.

EM dbconsole is included with the database software installation, you cannot download separately.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

I am not sure if we are on the same page. I've done this before, maybe you are talking about the DB console agent that gets installed on the database level. I need to install the DB console on the client level (my desktop) in order for me to manage the database remotely..

Thanks.

Sorry, you are right, it was installed as part of the software. I did figure it out. It was an old version I was using on 9i, but now, it is a bit different. All I had to do, is to use DB Console URL anywhere I want, I don't need to be on the server to do that.. Now, I am having problems login in, any idea?

Thanks again.

what problems? please post the error message.

Is db console configured and running in the database server? run 'emctl status dbconsole' in the db server and post the results.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

I am running windows, actually I am a UNIX person, that's why I am having problems. What is the equivalent of 'emctl status dbconsole' in windows? I checked win services, everything is running..

Also, I need to access the database to create a User and grant the right access to login to DB Console, but how do I get in to the database? Please note, Initially, when I created the databae, I was asked to provide "global database name" and a password, that is the only credentials I have for now. Does Oracle still use the default acct system/manager?

Any once I access DB Console, I should be able to take care of the rest..

Thank you.

By the way, I am not getting any error message, I am able to access DB Console via the web, but I am getting invalid UserID/Passw..

Hey guys, I appreciate the help. I figure it out. I had to login as SYS, now, I can do some real damage to the database..

Quote Originally Posted by mydba View Post
    I had to login as SYS, now, I can do some real damage to the database..
    I have a baaaaaad feeling
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.