DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sysdba authentication

sysdba authentication

Hi,

I have oracle 10g database in windows 2000 server. there are two os users administrator and local user say adm.

if i connect as administrator and try to connect as sysdba, it will connect and i can work,

if i connect as local os user say adm and try to connect as sysdba, it will not connect, throws error invalid username/password: logon denied.

i want to work as sysdba in local user and i have given os authentication to local user. waht is this problem and how to resolve?

thanks in advance.

regards,

rashad

As the error saying, check out the user name / password you are giving. Posting the complete sequence of commands that you are using will be helpful for the forum to answer your question quickly.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

you need to make sure your user is in the ORA_DBA group

thanks. problem solved. what i did is, i deleted password file and created new password file with entries=30. now i can login as sysdba in local user other than administrator

thanks

regrads,

rashad

Quote Originally Posted by rashadyell View Post
    thanks. problem solved. what i did is, i deleted password file and created new password file with entries=30. now i can login as sysdba in local user other than administrator

thanks

regrads,

rashad
    What password file has to do if you are using OS authentication? That's weird even if you have resolved it. That's password file authentication, not OS authentication.
    lucky

hi, i given local user is a member of ora_dba group, and ora_dba is member of administrator. then i tried to connect as sysdba in local user but it was not connecting. giving error like invalid username/password: logon denied.

then i deleted password file and created again with entries=30

then i tried, it was connecting. i dont know what was the reason. if u find please share here.

thanks

regards,

rashad

even i was thinking like that only, like its password authentication. but i tried, its working