DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: compilation unit analysis terminated error when compiling a trigger

Thumbs down Inclomplete or what?

AGAIN:
    Quote Originally Posted by LKBrwn_DBA View Post
    You are not posting all the error messages, are you?
    The error you posted is not an isolated error but it complements other error messages.

POST ALL the error messsages...
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

I appologize looks like there was another part to the error. here is the entire thing. Sorry but this is all i get.
    PL/SQL: ORA-06552: PL/SQL: Compilation unit analysis terminated
    ORA-06553: PLS-320: the declaration of the type of this expression is incomplete or malformed

Cool Just a start...

For one thing, the following looks suspicious if you are NOT forcing mixed case column names:
    PHP Code:
    :NEW."Patient"
    if this is the case, try removing the double quotes.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

thanks for the push in the right direction

LKBrwn_dba,
    thanks for the push in the right direction. I figured out my poroblem. It wasn't with the new."Patient" part but close. I created a table that the trigger was populating and one of the fields was DATE. I found something on the internet that referenced the database using mixed case on the fields and having a field called DATE. I recreated the table changing the DATE field to ADATE and the trigger works great. I am not sure why the fields in this schema are mixed case. It is driving me nuts. I am new to being an oracle DBA full time and have never seen a database where the case of the fields was like that. I just started here 2 months ago and it is driving me crazy.