DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oraInventory error (" The Oracle home specified is already occupied by a database")

oraInventory error (" The Oracle home specified is already occupied by a database")

Hi All,

I had installed MRCA SW(Metadata Repository Configuration Assistant) in RHEL 5 with ORACLE_HOME (/u01/oracle/MRCA). MRCA is used by Oracle Application Server 10g for Infrastructure Installation.After installation the oraInventory was updated properly.Unfortunately my colleauge removed the ORACLE_HOME(MRCA).I have to install it again,But I am unable to Install MRCA as OUI displays an error message " The Oracle home specified is already occupied by a database". I have tried with separate Oracle_Home (/u01/oracle/MRCA_HOME), but no result. I have checked the oratab,inventory.xml there is no entry for Old ORACLE_HOME(MRCA) and there is no Database running with same ORACLE_HOME.

Please suggest how to install MRCA. Is there any manual method to remove old Oracle_home from oraInventory.

Thanks,
    gohappy
    Last edited by gohappy; 11-24-2009 at 01:57 AM.
    Oracle's Miracle

Wink Use OUI

Use OUI to remove that Oracle home from inventory.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Thanks LKBrwn DBA for your reply...........

I solved this by removing the Oracle Home(old) and able to install the proper Home..

Cheers,
    gohappy
    Oracle's Miracle