DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transfer Databse between Two Oracle Servers

Threaded View

Transfer Databse between Two Oracle Servers

Hi,

I have been given asked to work on small project as a volunteer. I am a software developer and new to DBA site.

There are two servers available in the company. One is the Live server and other one is recovery server. Company wants to move Database from Live server to Recovery Server in very short time span incase if live server goes down becuase of any failure.

In the live server Tablespaces, Datafiles, and Control Files are being saved on external disk through scripts. At the moment Recovery server doesn't have oracle installed on it.

I am planning to install oracle server on Recovery server with the same settings as in Live server.

I like to know that how can i transfer all the data (Live server has number of tables in different schemas) from Live Server to Recovery Server and run the recovery server if anything does wrong with Live server?

Do i just need to copy Tablespaces, Datafiles, and Control Files from live to recovery server on right paths? What other files and objects i need to look after?

Thanks
    Last edited by momer79; 11-26-2009 at 11:36 AM.