DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ora-20900 during submitting the backup job

Ora-20900 during submitting the backup job

The following error occured when submitting the backup job through OEM in 10.2.0.4 database

'Full_Bkp_orcl_000303': ORA-20900: Could not find credential set DBHostCreds for target type oracle_database ORA-06512:
    at "SYSMAN.MGMT_CREDENTIAL", line 649 ORA-06512: at
    "SYSMAN.MGMT_CREDENTIAL", line 1309 ORA-06512:
    at "SYSMAN.MGMT_JOBS", line 263 ORA-06512:
    at "SYSMAN.MGMT_JOBS", line 48 ORA-06512: at line 1

I am using RHEL-5 OS

Please help.

What OS user you're using to connect to db? please verify it has enough privilege. Also, you can try submitting the job once again. Can you also post the steps you took to submit the job through EM?

sometime back i also faced the same issue while issuing batch job. Check whether your OS user has privileges to logon as a batch job. This is a case on windows environment.

administrative tools->local security policy->local policies->user rights assignment->log on as a batch job.

Check whether your OS user is added here. This is an issue on Windows environment.
    lucky

Basically my db is in Linux but I am trying to connect the OEM from windows.I tried the normal steps to submit the backup job through OEM in 10g. Please help.

Did you check whether you OS user has privileges to log on as a batch job?
    I am saying so because you EM is on Windows.
    lucky

Yes I did that but the situation remained the same. One question. Do you have the OEM in windows and the db in Linux or some other OS or are they both reside in the same OS? I will certainly try it again and let you know.

I need another help. I am not able to view Current User when I click on that link in the Performance tab in the OEM. Is this also because of the OS privilege?

what link you are talking about? when you login to OEM it will show for ex- "Logged in As SYS" at the top right side screen. Is that what you are looking?

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

No. What I was looking for is the current number of logged in users in the database.