DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sdo_geometry problem

sdo_geometry problem

Hi,

I use Visual Studio's COM library Oracle InProc Server 3.0 and oracle 8.1 but I can not get sdo element info:

string sql = "SELECT * FROM GEOMTABLE WHERE ROWNUM <=5";
    object obj = new object();
    object index = new object();
    int dType = 0;
    bool err = false;
    string value = "";
    int size = 0;

OracleInProcServer.OraSession oraDBSession = (OracleInProcServer.OraSession)new OracleInProcServer.OraSessionClassClass();
    OracleInProcServer.OraDatabase oraDB = (OracleInProcServer.OraDatabase)oraDBSession.get_OpenDatabase(this.dbName, this.userInfo, 0);
    OracleInProcServer.OraDynaset dynSet = (OracleInProcServer.OraDynaset)oraDB.get_CreateDynaset(sql, 0, ref obj);
    OracleInProcServer.OraObject oraObj;
    OracleInProcServer.OraFields oraFs;
    OracleInProcServer.OraField oraF;

while (!dynSet.EOF)
    {
    oraFs = (OracleInProcServer.OraFields)dynSet.Fields;
    oraF = (OracleInProcServer.OraField) oraFs ["GEOM_COLUMN"];
    oraObj = (OracleInProcServer.OraObject)oraF.Value;

dynSet.MoveNext();
    }

I could get all data types (numeric, varchar ...) by this C# code however I could not get sdo_geometry type(in the example: GEOM_COLUMN).
    How can I get sdo element info from oraObj?

Lots of Greetings!
    Ahmad

What's the Oracle data type of the offending column? is it a LOB?
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thank you for your reply.

The data type of this column is SDO_GEOMETRY.

Default value of column is MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY(2001,NULL,MDSYS.SDO_POINT_TYPE(0,0,0),NULL,NULL)

SDO_GEOMETRY? sdo_geometry is an spacial object/type/collection of methods which indeed relies on a couple of LOBs to store part of the data.

You may want to research sdo_geometry's GET_WKT() and GET_WKB() functions.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.