DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: View geocoding from another database

View geocoding from another database

I am new at this, I am trying to view a geocode script to look in db1 from db2. I am using the:

select sdo_gcdr.geocode('NAVTEQ_SF', sdo_keywordarray('33 Montgomery St.', 'San Fransisco, CA 94104'), 'US', 'Default') from dual;

i think this is right...

How can i call the schema and there tables from another database?

the way to query tables on database "B" when you are sitting on database "A" is by creating a DBLink on database "A" pointing to database "B".
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

would it look like this?

CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK db1
    USING 'db1_link';

on db2:

select * from user_tables@db1; is this correct?

If so, how does this work with clobs? how do you see the clob's or blob's from db1 an db2?

*Which the db1_link is the tnsname set up for the db1_link, correct?

1- how about authentication info? connect to... identified by...
    2- you cannot directly access LOBs over a DBLink.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Okay, how do you see a LOBs over the dblink? Do you use dbms.lob package?