DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: em* files are missing

em* files are missing

I am trying to create the dbcontrol and it stopped with error stating that the required files are not found. I have verified the destination $ORACLE_HOME/bin and find that except emca all other em* files are not exists.

This is the primary db for the customer so i can not do the things like reinstalling the oracle binaries. Is there any other way to get all the missing files required to create dbcontrol (copy from other server??)?

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

Try hard to get what you like OR you will be forced to like what you get.

Have you verified with OUI that "Oracle Enterprise Manager Console DB" is installed?

you mean from the Installed products?

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala

When you setup enterprise manager, Oracle creates a directory in your Oracle home. In unix it seems to be partly in upper case, yet it looks for the directory to be in lower case.

SERVERNAME.domain.com_sidname as opposed to servername.domain.com_sidname. Unix and Linux tend to be case sensitive, so this can be an issue. I have spent much time researching a work around.

Thanks Gan.

The issue is, earlier we have OEM Grid and to save license renewal cost client want to uninstall the grid and configure DBC in each DB.

Grid is installed on the different OH and all the em* related binaries are exists in that home. When i create the DBC using emca, i will set -ORACLE_HOME .

I will update the forum once i create the DBC.

Thanks,
    Vijay Tummala