DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: adhoc solutions

Hybrid View

adhoc solutions

Hey guys,

This is not related directly to oracle db but something that can connect to oracle,sql and other db’s

We are looking for good adhoc reporting solution so users can connect and create their own stuff.can you guys reccomend that is easy to use for enduser and cheaper solution

appreciate your time

You may want to start by researching BI solutions like Business Objects and Cognos.

Somehow user-friendly, not cheap.

In regards to let users "create their own stuff" I've seen users creating performance nightmares - from "select * with no where clause" to five billion rows join statements - believe me, you should never understimate the ability of an end user when it comes to bring the performance of your database down to its knees.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

thanks for the reply