DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Time Table Management Database design

Time Table Management Database design

Hi, I am working on a College Project and need help in how to design database for a Time Table Management system

Basically i devised the solution in terms of 3d array storage but dont know how to devise it/convert this 3d array in form of a database

Basically, the system just prints time table of a class in terms of a 2d array
    with 1st dimension as PERIOD and second as DAY

As there are n number of classes, so 3rd dimension is CLASS. so basically the storage can be understood as

array[CLASS][DAY][PERIOD]=
    eg:- array[CLASS][DAY][PERIOD]=Maths

In total there are 3 arrays regarding this

array1= , as in given example
    array2=
    array3=

Hence this is the solution I have come upto

I have no experience in database designing, I have only worked on SQL commands and not database designing

Now please someone help me or suggest me to convert this array structure solution into database
    or any other solution of the system

My OS : Windows Xp
    Database : Oracle

Its a Desktop application

ER Data Modeling is the answer. Check here... http://www.vocw.edu.vn/content/m10538/latest/
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Cool Design By Example.

Check out this site for example data models, specially the "Education" section.

Good Luck!
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Thankyou guys
    will dure go through this and reply