Hello:

I'm new to the forum. I'm not sure where to post this question. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm running 11g. I'm trying to print to a PDF and I'm not having difficulty. In my application, when I click the Print link and try to open the PDF file, I receive the following error message:
Adobe Reader could not open 'My_Orders.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

I saved the .PDF and using EditPlus I opened the file and the following is shown within the file:
report error:
ORA-29273: HTTP request failed
ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_HTTP", line 1186
ORA-12570: TNSacket reader failure

I was able to successfully install BI Publisher. In my browser, I type the URL: http://HELEN:9704/xmlpserver and I am able to login as the Administrator user.

I also upgraded APEX from 3.0 to 3.2 successfully. All the users who should be unlocked are unlocked.

I enabled network services by running the DBMS_NETWORK_ACL_ADMIN proc. I ran the following query to verify that the grants were given:

SELECT * FROM DBA_NETWORK_ACL_PRIVILEGES;

The result of this query is the following:

ACL ACLID PRINCIPAL PRIVILEGE IS_GRANT INVERT START_D END_DATE
/sys/acls/power_users.xml BD019FE78CAE40F3942C6A931378FA40 APEX_030200 connect true false (null) (null)

In APEX, I logged in as ADMIN into apex/apex_admin and went to Instance Settings and did the following:
- Oracle BI Publisher: Advanced Support
- Print Server Protocol: HTTP
- Print Server Host Address: HELEN
- Print Server Port: 9704
- Print Server Script: /xmlpserver/convert

In my APEX application, in the Regions section, I click on the Print link next to my report. I have the following settings:
- Enable Report Printing: Yes
- Link Label: Print
- Response Header: Report Settings
- View File As: Attachment
- Output Format: PDF
- Report Layout: Default Report Layout
- Print URL: f?p=&APP_ID.:4:&SESSION.:FLOW_XMLP_OUTPUT_R301336745008961227

I think I covered everything I could to enable PDF Printing with APEX. I don't understand why I'm receiving the Adobe error and the errors found within the PDF file that I mentioned above.

Can someone help me out?
Thanks