DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grid Control 10.2.0.5

Hybrid View

Grid Control 10.2.0.5

I installed the 10.2.0.5 grid control on solaris(SunOS 5.10) box to monitor a 4 node rac database on Linux (RHEL5). The install was successfull. Now I installed the 10.2.0.5 agent on one of the RAC node and it installed on all 4 nodes. I also passed on the grid control server name during the install. I was expecting the database to show up on the grid control but it didn't. I see the servers in the Target but no DB is showing on the database tab. Is there a step I missed ? How can I get the databases to show up on the grid control (database tab ) ?.

ideally DB should have got registered while installation of DB.
    but if not done automaticaly you can go to agent target on host on EM and register DB manually.
    Rgds
    Parag

ideally DB should have got registered while installation of DB.
    You mean installation of the Agent ?

How do I register the DB manually ? Syntax would be helpful or the link to the doc.
    On host when I say "emctl upload agent" it succesfully uploads.

yes i meant it should have got done while installing agent.

But for doing manually you can go to OEM console.
    1) Click on Host on which your DB resides
    2) click target.
    In targets list
    3) Click agent
    Once on agent home page there will be drop down to add DB.
    it asks for details like SID/OH/pswd and other details...
    Rgds
    Parag

Cool Patience is a virtue...

Sometimes you need to be patient...The agents take their time to register the database(s) the first time (up to 30 min each!).

In spanish we would say: "Calmate piojo que tu peine te llega!" which loosely translated means: "Calm down you head-lice, the comb is comming!"

PS: On the other hand, you could check the logs at $AGENT_HOME/sysman/log to see if all is OK.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." --Chinese Proverb

Thanks paragp1981 for the input. I have gone one step forward but getting an error while registering the DB manually. It says to put the password for DBSNMP and when it tries to connect to the DB it fails with an error "slow network or firewall" issue. I could directly connect to all the 4 DB instances from the grid control server using sqlnet, tnsping or ping. Why it is giving this error while connecting thru grid control ? You answer will be very helpfull. The grid control server and the DB server are on the same network and there is no firewall.

Sometimes you need to be patient...
    It's easy to be a critic...how do you know I have not waited. Waited for two days. Anyway thanks for your quick response, still appreciate that.

PS: On the other hand, you could check the logs at $AGENT_HOME/sysman/log to see if all is OK.
    There are no logs in $AGENT_HOME/sysman/log

One more step forward. I was getting the error while registering all the 4 DBs on the RAC. When I tried to register one DB at a time I was able to successfully register all 4 DBs. I am not able to see the DBs on the target database tab(now I guess I am being impatient). I hope it'll show up soon. Am i missing any more steps to register ?

Code:
    When I tried to register one DB at a time I was able to successfully register all 4 DBs.
    So you got success in registering DB and that i take as error

Code:
    slow network or firewall
    is not there anymore.

I was not aware that you are trying to register RAC db.
    If you have 4 instances then will take there names as ABC1/ABC2/ABC3/ABC4

you need to go to host-->agent of ABC1 and there select cluster DB instead of normal DB. put all the details.In below i dont remember exact option name but it will be someting like registering instances under cluster DB. there give details of all 4 instances. I dont have EM console here otherwise i would have told you exact details.

You might need to do a bit of research as i am telling this info based on what i did 2.5 Yrs ago for one of the customers . not used EM for past 2.5 yrs ...
    Rgds
    Parag

It is a 4 node RAC environment. I did try to register as cluster database but it was unsuccessful connecting to the DB. I then tried the individual DBs and it worked. SO instead of RAC DB I was able to successfully register all 4 DBs individually(ABC1,ABC2,ABC3,ABC4). I got the following msg for each DB registration. The problem is that I still don't see the DBs under the Target-->Database Tab. ANy suggestion will be appreciated.

Database Instance Configuration Result

RSTL4:
    Properties for instance RSTL4 have been updated.
    +ASM4_adcrstdbl4:
    Automatic Storage Management +ASM4_adcrstdbl4 has been added.
    LISTENER_ADCRSTDBL4_adcrstdbl4:
    Listener LISTENER_ADCRSTDBL4_adcrstdbl4 has been added.