DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Performance Issues with Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 for SAP on Solaris 10 Containers with DISM

Performance Issues with Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 for SAP on Solaris 10 Containers with DISM

Hello All,

We are facing performance issues after we have implemented Oracle 10.2.0.2.0 for SAP R/3 Front End with Solaris 10 64 bit SPARC Containers. {Shared CPU's / Memory} and using DISM {Dynamic Intimate Shared Memory}.

The AWR shows a large amount of "log file sync" and "log file parallel write" wait events.

NOTE: The log_buffer parameter is dynamically adjusted between the values 1M to 16M and hence not tunable.

Please advise if any one has faced similar issues with above environment.

NOTE: Have Referenced few of Oracle Metalink Note ID's and some links:

317257.1, 778777.1, 466447.1, 151222.1

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0104/817-5209.pdf

Regards,
    Paresh

Check with systems is you have I/O bottleneck in disk hosting redo logs.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by PAVB View Post
    Check with systems is you have I/O bottleneck in disk hosting redo logs.
    Thanks PAVB.

We have discussed it with the Solaris Container experts out here and they reverted stating there is no I/O bottleneck on the box.

Also, the load on the system is not much. I suspect DISM to be having an impact in this situation, but unfortunately cannot find a specific path to move ahead.

Any idea how do we negate or remove the DISM Configuration?

Unhappy

Just as an update to all of you:

We did a Standby Switchover to a Sun Box which is standalone with no DISM and the queries/batch testing went fine with no performance issues.

Still the Sun SOlaris Guys do not want to believe its some configuration w.r.t the Sun Containers on primary site which is causing trouble.

Don't know how do we put our point across to them.

Regards,
    Paresh

turn DISM off then, proof