DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oracle 10g-r2 dataguard arcfile sync - sles 10

Oracle 10g-r2 dataguard arcfile sync - sles 10

I need someone to tell me a what I need to do to get a standbydb caught with Arcfiles if it's been offline for a few hours. I need to know a quick way of determing what arcfiles need to be applied to the standby. Do I need to issue any commands to Oracle before applying the arcfiles. "alter database something **"

Where are the arcfiles located?

I'm running Suse Enterprise Linux 10 64bit

if these questions are already posted please point me there

Thanks

Tim

why would the standby not recover itself? they are quite good at that

Let's say that the arcfiles have fall too far behind over a slow link and can't catch up fast enough that is when manully applying arcfiles is necessary

what has a slow link got to do with it? if the files are available to the standby server it will apply them no matter how far behind it is

Well currently this has been a problem because we have a process that creates a reporting db each day by coverting the local standby to a reporting db, when this process is ran it applies all of the pending arcfiles to the new reporting db. but if the system see's that the remote standby is not in sync with prod it hangs the entire process until the Arcfiles are applied at the remote DR standby..

.. So how do I go about doing this manually if need be in SLES Linux - Oracle 10G-R2