DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Understanding 11g Alert log Messages

Understanding 11g Alert log Messages

hi all -- i hav 11g RAC environment, some messages in alert log are beyond comprehension like;

1. Wed Jul 08 22:11:50 2009
    found dead shared server 'S054', pid = (100, 15) --though it doesnt affect any service

2. ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [kzvd_objprivCheck()+1264] [SIGSEGV] [ADDR:0x18] [PC:0x103AB43F0] [Address not mapped to object] []
    Incident details in: /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/grid3/grid31/incident/incdir_388228/grid31_s031_8059_i388228.trc

(how to read this .trc file, its in some pro-cosmic lang )

3. Wed Jul 08 22:42:59 2009
    Sweep Incident[387936]: completed --whats a sweep incident?

these r commonly seen messages. in general, plz tell me how to make best use of alert log? what to see and how to react?
    thanks in advance.

Let me go backwards...

#3- Please check Metalink Doc ID: 750653.1
    #2- A trace file has been a trace file since the beginning of the times; are these the first ones you ever seen?
    #1- Couple of bugs described in Metalink, feel free to investigate further.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Thanx for the attension, sir
    i am new to this environment so plz dont mind silly questions..
    i cud not understand the metalink advice.the docu id searched brought me back to my own thread. plz direct me cocisely.

Quote Originally Posted by kashif ashfaq View Post
    i cud not understand the metalink advice.the docu id searched brought me back to my own thread. plz direct me cocisely.
    Search Metalink, not Google. You know, the Oracle support site.
    Last edited by PAVB; 07-15-2009 at 07:41 AM.
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.