DBAsupport.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Some Basic Doubts about HAVING CLAUSE,SYSDATE,LONG datatype

Some Basic Doubts about HAVING CLAUSE,SYSDATE,LONG datatype

Good Morning Friends,I am new to this forum, I have recently joined Oracle DBA course and i have some basic doubts can you please clarify it

1)Unable to create a Duplicate table if the existing table contains the LONG datatype, What may b the reason ?

2) HAVING CLAUSE:
    when we give condition in having clause in that condition we use some columns,group functions.Do this colum,Group function need to be present in SELECT,GROUP BY clause please do clarify dis doubt?

3) SYSDATE is a column or function because it doesnt use paranthesis?

4)As a DBA do we need to learn Shell Scripting, PL/SQL

Sorry friends for asking so many questions in my first post, please forgive me as we are here to learn

1) depends how you are doing it, why dont you say?
    3) sysdate if a function which returns a date
    4) yes

2) That's why Davey answered "Yes" to question #4
    Pablo (Paul) Berzukov

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.

Quote Originally Posted by davey23uk View Post
    1) depends how you are doing it, why dont you say?
    3) sysdate if a function which returns a date
    4) yes
    1} create table t2 as select * from t1;
    -one of the colum in t1 is of LONG datatype
    -if i drop that column with LONG datatype then i am able to create a duplicate table
    2)if SYSDATE is a function then where are the paranthesis. Is there a chance of SYSDATE to be a pseudo column

sysdate is a built in function which returns a date, your obsessions with parenthesis is worrying

Quote Originally Posted by davey23uk View Post
    sysdate is a built in function which returns a date, your obsessions with parenthesis is worrying
    Thanks Davey for replying
    Generally for functions we have paranthesis so i thought SYSDATE is not a function ok now i will go with the confirmation that SYSDATE is a function

Davey can you please help me out with the first question about creating a duplicate table which consist of LONG datatype